Minneapolis eye surgery patients have trusted Dr. Carlson with their vision for nearly 20 years. He is a Mayo Clinic trained, board-certified ophthalmologist, and was among the first to perform laser vision correction.
Dr. Carlson’s practice philosophy is opposite of today’s mega-surgery centers. He is committed to a cataract surgery and laser vision correction practice that is centered on individualized patient care. With this personal approach, along with his experience, skill, and gentle bedside manner, you can expect to receive receive world class eye care, right here in Minneapolis.
Claris Eye Care & Surgery was established in 2009. Keith Carlson, MD is founder and Medical Director. “Over the years, I have worked with the best people in the business. I am grateful for those opportunities,” says Dr. Carlson. “I feel that many aspects of patient care have been lost. With Claris, our team is uniquely focused on patient education, and the patient experience, to optimize their vision result.”
This means on-time visits; same-day appointments; advanced clinical technology for improved outcomes; and the use of electronic health records to support greater transparency, improved administration, and timely communication with patients.
We work with those who cannot afford proper eye care. “The people who can benefit from proper eye care often times do not receive it,” continues Dr. Carlson. “That is why we support programs that help serve the vision needs of all patients.”
One specific program supported by Claris is the Early Youth Eyecare (EYE) program operated by the Phillips Eye Institute. EYE provides free vision screening to thousands of public school children.
Claris also has an experienced administrative team committed to helping patients navigate the challenging world of insurance. Claris has contracted with a wide variety of insurance companies, and provides financing through two independent companies to assist with payment of high deductibles and non-covered services.
MISSION & VALUES
Claris Eye Care & Surgery is a company run by real people. As people of principle, we are mission driven and have core values that we hold dear. This influences how we run our clinic.
Our mission is to improve patient vision and facilitate healing.
The people of Claris are:
- Compassionate – We take time to explain conditions, outline best practice and help patients consider all options.
- Collaborative – We work closely with other care professionals to promote positive health outcomes.
- Timely – We provide timely service to all we serve.
- Technologically Advanced– We use proven technology to improve care and reduce costs.
- Informative – We provide detailed information that is helpful in making decisions about patient health and we collect feedback to improve the services we provide.
- Charitable – We volunteer a portion of our time and talents to serving the needs of others. (…those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed…Proverbs 11:25)