LASER-ASSISTED CATARACT SURGERY
Femtosecond Laser-Assisted cataract surgery is an advanced surgical option now available to patients during cataract surgery. Dr. Carlson utilizes the Lensar® Laser System at the Phillips Eye Institute to perform a customized cataract procedure. Using laser technology creates incisions more precisely and softens the cataract lens decreasing post-operative healing time and increasing safety. The unique 3-D imaging system built into the femtosecond laser provides Dr. Carlson with a reconstructed view of your eye to help plan a customized treatment for the removal of your cataract.
- Treatment of Minor Astigmatism – It is effective for patients with minor astigmatism as it can precisely produce relaxing incisions in the cornea to reduce small amounts of astigmatism allowing for better unaided distance vision after surgery.
- Multifocal or Toric Lens Placement – It is most beneficial for lifestyle lens procedures as they require exquisite central placement and the femtosecond laser can reduce several variables affecting placement.
Dr. Carlson performs all of his cataract procedures at the Phillips Eye Institute where he uses a Lensar Laser System to perform femtosecond laser assisted cataract surgery. The benefits of using this laser include:
- Safety: The Lensar Laser System’s Augmented Reality feature allows for more accurate information and treatment choices during your cataract removal procedure.
- Precision: The Lensar Laser System’s advanced technology allows for a very precise and accurate treatment.
- Results: The Lensar Laser System’s enables the surgeon to precisely place laser pulses that more safely and effectively soften your cataract prior to removal and assists in the best lens placement, resulting in better visual outcomes.